Cisco 2960 series is well known as a cost effective network switch. It provides desktop Fast Ethernet connectivity for entry-level wiring closet and small branch-office networks and simplifies the migration from non-intelligent hubs and unmanaged switches to a fully scalable managed network
As a popular fixed-configuration, standalone switch, Catalyst 2960 Series with LAN Lite software features such as intelligent switch configuration using Auto Smart Ports, installation with Auto Install and enhanced troubleshooting to facilitate ease of use. Comprehensive management tools such as Cisco Network Assistant provide ongoing management and monitoring of switches.
Cisco Catalyst 2960-S and 2960 Series Switches with LAN Lite Software
In today’s network, what standards and conditions will you take to select a Cisco 2960 switch? What can Cisco 2960 series do for you? More satisfying functions?
In fact, the Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series LAN Lite Switches may be used in services integrating voice, video, and wireless applications. Power over Ethernet (POE) and quality of service (QoS) provide comprehensive service delivery for entry-level customers.
As for security capabilities, they are critical for secure operations in the network. End-to-end security is also obtained using the 2960 Cisco switch with LAN Lite software. And an array of Cisco security solutions is available, including Cisco Clean Access NAC-based solutions.
Nowadays, in order to deal with network operations and lowers cost of ownership for customers,
Cisco 2960 switches act well in the network. It costs lower but performs higher, what do they offer in details? Here we go.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960 LAN Lite Switches offer:
- Both 24 and 48 port POE is available using 802.3af class 3 with 370 Watt power capacity.
- Dual-purpose uplinks for Gigabit Ethernet uplink flexibility, allowing use of either a copper or a fiber uplink. A dual-purpose uplink port has one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP)-based Gigabit Ethernet port, with one port active at a time
- Scalable and secure ease of use functionality such as auto configuration with Auto Smart Ports and easy installation with Auto Install to lower total cost of ownership.
- Enhanced troubleshooting for problem solving including link connectivity and cable diagnostics
- QoS for traffic classification and shaping to prioritize various applications including voice, video, and multicast applications.
- Single IP address, syslog, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) management for a stack of up to 16 switches
- Baseline Network Admission Control based on users, ports, and MAC addresses • Limited lifetime hardware warranty
- Software updates at no additional cost
More about Cisco 2960 LAN Lite Switches, take WS-C2960-24TC-L switch as an example:
Cisco Catalyst 2960-24TC-L Switch:
- 24 Ethernet 10/100 ports and 2 dual-purpose uplinks (each dual-purpose uplink port has one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and 1 SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet port, 1 port active)
- 1 RU fixed-configuration
- LAN Base Image installed
Note: If you wanna buy Cisco 2960 models, you can visit: http://www.router-switch.com/Price-cisco-switches-cisco-switch-catalyst-2960_c19
Router-switch.com, the World’s Leading Cisco Supplier, founded in 2002, has won 11,000+ customers from over 150 countries. We provide full series of Cisco network equipment, including Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Cisco firewalls, Cisco IP Phones, Wireless Access Points, Cisco modules & cards, etc. Web: http://www.router-switch.com/
More Cisco 2960 Switch Reviews and Topics: