Cisco has updated its Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series. Do you know What the Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Mini Switches are? The new Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series mini is a reduced depth (11.62-inch deep) standalone and stackable access-layer switch that provide full convergence between wired and wireless on a single platform. Built on the advanced Cisco StackWise-160 technology and using Cisco’s new unified access data plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC), the Cisco Catalyst 3650 enables uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, application optimization, and superior resiliency.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Mini Switches support full IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), fixed fans, fixed power supplies, and support for RPS2300. The Cisco Catalyst 3650 switches enhance productivity by enabling applications such as IP telephony, wireless, and video for a true borderless network experience.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini switch is 11.62 inches deep, giving you deployment flexibility where you need it. So there’s no need to change cabinets and incur network downtime.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini can act as a wired switch as well as a converged wired-wireless switch.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini switch supports all the same features and functionality as the existing 3650 switches except that the mini switches have fixed fans and fixed power supplies along with support for RPS2300.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini comes with the following fixed uplink Small Form-Factor Pluggable/Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP/SFP+) port options:
- 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet with SFP+ or 4 x Gigabit Ethernet with SFP on 24-port switch
- 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet with SFP+ or 4 x Gigabit Ethernet with SFP on 48-port switch
Can the SFP and SFP+ module slots on the 2 X 10G/4 X 1G uplink type be used in combination? Yes. It is possible to have a combination of a pair of SFP modules (left two) and a pair of SFP+ modules (right two) on the 2 X 10G/4 X 1G uplink type of the Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini. This combination provides up to 22 Gbps of uplink bandwidth.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini can be managed using the same Cisco IOS Software CLI, web GUI, Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0.1, or the Cisco Network Assistant Software as existing 3650 switches.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 supports front-to-back and side-to-back airflow.
The following Table shows the Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini model types. Each listed model type is available in LAN Base, IP Base, and IP Services license variants. All PIDs are capable of full PoE and full PoE+.
Cisco Catalyst 3650 Model Types (Default Configuration)
|PID||Ports||PoE+||4x1GE Uplink||2x10GE/4x1GE Uplink||4x10GE/4x1GE Uplink|
- The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini has three fans for thermal management. The fans are fixed and not FRU.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini has one power supply. The power supply is fixed and not FRU.
- The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini switch can stack with existing 3650 switches.
- Only the Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini SKUs support RPS2300 for power redundancy.
TheTable below shows the available PoE power for the different Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini switch models.
Default Power Supplies with Cisco Catalyst 3650 Models
|Models||Available PoE Power|
|24-port PoE switch||390W|
|48-port PoE switch||775W|
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini SKUs do not support a DC powering option.
Do the Cisco Catalyst 3650 power supplies have field-replaceable fans? No. Cisco Catalyst 3650 power supplies have integrated fans that are not field replaceable.
Are the software images for the Cisco Catalyst 3650 and the Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini the same? Yes, the software images are same and support the same software features and services.
Online insertion and removal of the following are supported: What are the hot-swappable elements in the Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini switch?
- Stack member switches in the stack
- SFP/SFP+ modules
- Stack adapter and cables
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini is built with the advanced Cisco StackWise-160. It offers a stacking bandwidth of 160 Gbps nonblocking and supports Cisco IOS Software SSO technology. The Cisco Catalyst 3650 requires a stacking kit that includes two data stack adapters and one stacking cable per switch to enable stacking. Data stack adapters are installed from the back of chassis, two adapters per switch.
Cisco StackWise-160 Cabling with Cisco Catalyst 3650
New StackWise-160 Modular Adapters and Stacking Cable
There is no separate license required to enable StackWise-160. All stack member switches should be at the same image-based license (IP Services/IP Base/LAN Base) level.
How many Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini switches can stack into a single logical entity? Up to nine Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini and existing Cisco Catalyst 3650 switches can be stacked together to build single logical StackWise-160 switch.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 mini does not support Cisco StackPower technology.
The Newest data sheet of Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches you can read here http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3650-series-switches/datasheet-c78-729449.html#_ftn1
The Latest Model Comparison for the Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches