The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches are the industry’s first purpose-built fixed-configuration 25G, 40G, and 100G line of switches for enterprise-class core and aggregation layers.
- The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series offers customers a wide variety of high-density, low-power switches and optics for both standalone and Cisco Software-Defined Access deployments.
- The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches are based on the Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) ASIC architecture, which not only protects your investment but also allows greater scale and higher throughput.
- The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series delivers unmatched table scale (MAC, route, and Access Control List [ACL]) and buffering for enterprise applications.
- The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series includes nonblocking 40G and 100G QSFP+ and QSFP28, and 1G, 10G, and 25G SFP, SFP+, and SFP28 switches with granular port densities that fit diverse campus needs.
The Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches support optional 4-port 25G network modules for uplink ports only. The default switch configuration does not include the network module. When you purchase the switch, you can choose from the available network modules.
Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series 2-port 25G/10G network module with SFP28
Cisco 25G optics
The Cisco 25GBASE SFP28 portfolio offers customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 25G connectivity options for data center and high-performance computing network applications. Table 3 lists the cabling specifications for the Cisco 25G portfolio.
Features and benefits of Cisco 25G modules
- Support for dual-rate optics in enterprise networks that provide unsurpassed investment protection
- Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 25G interfaces where applicable
- Certified and tested on Cisco SFP28 ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
- High-speed electrical interface compliant with IEEE 802.3by
Cisco 25G portfolio
Cisco 25G portfolio and cabling specifications
*Depends on fiber quality.
**Up to 30 m/5 0m with no FEC, 70 m/100 m with FC-FEC.
Cisco 100G optics
The Cisco 100GBASE QSFP portfolio offers customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 100G connectivity options for enterprise core and distribution layers, data center, high-performance computing networks, and service provider applications. The QSFP-100G modules are our new generation of 100G transceiver modules based on a QSFP form factor. In a 3-tier campus, as the aggregation layer moves to 25G or 40G, it is desirable to have a 100G core. It is important to note that form factors of 40G and 100G optics are compatible. Table 4 lists the cabling specifications for the Cisco 25G portfolio.
Features and benefits of Cisco QSFP and QSFP28 modules
- Hot-swappable I/O device that plugs into a 100G Cisco QSFP port
- Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 100GBASE interfaces where applicable
- Certified and tested on Cisco QSFP 100G ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
- High-speed electrical interface compliant with IEEE 802.3bm
Cisco 100G portfolio
Cisco 100G portfolio and cabling specifications