Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) switches are a range of compact, ruggedized switches that handle control automation and application network across industrial networks. They provide connectivity in industries such as manufacturing, oil and gas, mining, transportation, and energy with highly secure access and industry-leading ring protocols such as Cisco REP.
Cisco Industrial Ethernet Switches help you deploy scalable and secure switching in your industrial network.
The Cisco Industrial Ethernet switching portfolio includes the following product families:
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet 5000 Series Switches: A 19-inch one rack unit, highly ruggedized full gigabit aggregation and/or backbone platform equipped with 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports plus 4 x 10 Gigabit or 4 x 1 Gigabit uplink interfaces, making it ideal for the aggregation and/or backbones in the harsh industrial networks.
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4010 Series switches: 19-inch, one rack-unit switches with, 24 GE downlinks and 4 GE combo uplinks, 12-24 Gigabit PoE capability.
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 Series Switches: The Gigabit PoE capable Ethernet switch offers high bandwidth and low-latency network connectivity. It is available in various models, up to 20 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series Switches: A multilayer switching modular platform. Composed by a main module and expansion modules, allowing scaling the configuration (up to 26 Ethernet interfaces) to grow with customer operational needs. A fixed 19–inch, one rack unit version is also available: the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3010 Series Switches. Cisco Industrial Ethernet (IE) 2000 Series Switches: A compact fixed switching platform. The 2000 Series Switches are available in two form factor options, one DIN rail mounting and one wall and/or pole mounting qualified for Ingress Protection 67 (IE2000 IP67). On the IE2000, different models provide between 6 and 20 Ethernet interfaces with PoE capability on some variants. On the ie2000 IP67, up to 24 Ethernet interfaces are supported. For electrical utilities specific applications, the Cisco IE 2000U Switch is available.
- Cisco Industrial Ethernet 1000 Series switches: A lightly managed compact switch, DIN rail mount, 4-8 FE downlinks, GE fiber uplink and PoE capable optional.
- Cisco 2520 Series Connected Grid Switches: A series of 19-inch, one rack unit fixed-configuration switches designed for electrical utility applications.
Cisco Industrial Ethernet Switching Portfolio
There are 3 simple Cisco IE Switch Selection Guides helping select the right Industrial Ethernet Switch for your industrial network.
A Simple Cisco Industrial Ethernet Switches Selection Guide
Cisco IE 4000 Model Selection Guide (Power Supply Not Included)
Cisco IE 2000 Series Switches Selection Guide (Power Supply Not Included)
Explore Cisco switches for your access, distribution, core and data center networks: