How to change and recovery the password cisco router? I forget my cisco router password, i want to change it or recovery it, and so how…
Cisco devices, such as Cisco routers, or Cisco switches, connect computers together as local area networks. These Cisco devices usually have an administrator account that you use to change the router configuration. However, if you have lost the administrator password, you may be able to create a new password by logging into your device through Cisco’s terminal software on your computer.
What You Need to Prepare
- Network cable
- Cisco terminal software
How to Recovery Password on a Cisco Device? Follow here…
Using Terminal Software
1. Launch the Cisco terminal software on your computer. You can usually find this on your Windows Start menu by navigating to “Programs,” “Accessories,” “Communications,” and then clicking “HyperTerminal.”
2. Type “Cisco” as the connection name, then click “OK.”
3. Select the “COM1” option from the “Connect Using” section and click “OK.”
4. Configure your terminal connection. Change the baud rate to “9600,” select the “No parity” option with “8 data bits,” and choose “1 stop bit.” Click the “OK” button to continue.
5. Attach one end of the network cable to your Cisco device LAN port and the other end to the network card of a computer that has an installation of the Cisco terminal software.
6. Turn off your Cisco device and turn it on again to allow the terminal software to detect it.
Create New Password
1. Type “confreg 0x2142” at the terminal prompt and press the “Enter” key.
2. Type “reset” and press the “Enter” key to allow the device to reboot.
3. Type “no” and press the “Enter” key in response to each setup question.
4. Type “enable” when you see the “Router>” prompt and press the “Enter” key.
5. Type “configure memory” and press the “Enter” key.
6. Type “write terminal” and press the “Enter” key.
7. Type “configure terminal” to begin making changes.
8. Type “enable secret (password)” where (password) is the new password you want to assign to your device. Press the “Enter” key when this is complete.
9. Type “config-register 0x2102” and press the “Enter” key.
10. Hold the “Ctrl” button and press the “Z” key to exit the configuration mode.
11. Type “write memory” to save the changes to your Cisco device. Your device will now use the new password you have assigned to it.
Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco 2600 and 2800 Series Routers
Password Recovery Procedure for the Cisco 806, 826, 827, 828, 831, 836, and 837 Series Routers