Tailor the Cisco 1540 or the 1560 outdoor access point to meet your needs.
Cisco Aironet 1540 Series-Small but mighty, with Wave 2 support
Rugged and sleek, the Cisco Aironet 1540 Access Points provide customers with the latest 802.11ac Wave 2 functionality along with easy installation. Housed in compact casing, this access point allows for extraordinarily fast links with great flexibility.
The Cisco Aironet 1540 Series offers the following features:
- Compact, lightweight size: At just over 2.5 pounds (1 kg) and with a small footprint, the 1540 Series is one of the smallest outdoor access points with internal antennas.
- Low power consumption: Achieves full operation on standard 802.3af power (13W).
- Integrated antenna options: The 1540 Series offers two models with different antenna patterns to address a variety of use cases.
Compare Aironet 1540 models
Cisco Aironet 1560 Series-Support 802.11ac Wave 2 in outdoor networks
Get the technological flexibility you need to strengthen your outdoor wireless network. Aironet 1560 access points comply with 802.11ac Wave 2 standards. These outdoor access points extend the quality and robustness of the Wi-Fi that’s inside your office, outside.
The Cisco Aironet 1560 Series offers the following features:
- Improved performance for multiple client devices: The 802.11ac Wave 2 access points use MU-MIMO technology, which allows different data streams to all flow at once from the access point to multiple 802.11ac Wave 2-supported devices. Now, multiple 802.11ac Wave 2 devices can connect at the same time, getting the information they need quicker.
- 5-GHz support: The Cisco Aironet 1560 Series doubles the scale of 5 -GHz mobile devices and raises the performance of high-density environments.
- Cisco Flexible Antenna Port technology uses software configurable for either single- or dual-band antennas. It allows you to use the same antenna ports for either dual-band antennas to reduce footprint or single-band antennas to optimize radio coverage.
- Cisco Mobility Express: This solution is designed to bring enterprise-class wireless access to small and medium-sized networks. Easy to set up with low maintenance, Mobility Express includes advanced features from Cisco and does not require a physical controller appliance.
- Cisco High Density Experience (HDX): Cisco HDX comes standard on the 1560, giving this access point top-of-the-line network efficiency over a large number of wireless clients. HDX uses customized chipsets to target the needs of high-density networks. It is built with best-in-class RF architecture and gives a better user experience for high-performance applications.
Explore the 1560 series
The Aironet 1560 Series Access Points available in four separate models:
- 1562I with internal antennas
- 1562E with external antennas
- 1562D with internal directional antennas
Do you need outdoor coverage? Does this coverage need to be wide and used for general purposes? Do you need a device that’s aesthetically pleasing? Choose the Cisco Aironet 1562I Access Point.
Examples: College campus, corporate office with multiple buildings
Do you need outdoor coverage? Does the coverage have to be controlled by the user? Do you want the best omni coverage through external omni antennas? Choose the Cisco Aironet 1562E Access Point
Examples: Outdoor warehouses, shopping malls, truck stops
Do you need outdoor coverage? Is the coverage needed in an outdoor, highdensity area? Do you require pointto- point bridging because you can’t run cable? Choose the Cisco Aironet 1562D Access Point
Examples: Stadiums, outdoor concert halls, large parks
Mobility Express-even better than before
Cisco Wireless Portfolio Overview & Comparison
How to Start Up, Configure and Operate Cisco Mobility Express?
What’s the Cisco Mobility Express Solution and Can DO…
Aironet 2800 vs. Aironet 3800 SERIES ACCESS POINTS
Which Aironet 1815 Model Is Right for You?