Recently, we discovered that HPE has released several Plus servers. So, is it necessary for us to upgrade the old HPE servers to the new generation HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers? Let us discuss a few reasons.
1.Companies are undergoing digital transformation
Today’s enterprises need differentiated and workload-optimized technologies to provide low latency, flexibility, and high performance in order to turn data into insights and innovation capabilities.
According to IDC’s data in 2019, the digital transformation of the economy accounts for 20% of global GDP1, about 19 trillion US dollars; while the global health emergency (COVID-19) changes the way of life and work, digital transformation will accelerate in the next 5-72 years.
According to Forbes’ research in 2019 and 20203:
- 74% of enterprises plan to modernize and digitize to support next-generation business models.
- 70% of companies plan to create new digital business models and revenue streams.
- 66% of companies plan to add new labor models through automation and artificial intelligence.
- 73% of companies plan to build a seamless digital customer experience.
- 75% of enterprises will continue to switch to remote office.
- IDC, Worldwide Digital Transformation Strategies – IDC special Intelligence Service, August 2019.
- IDC, Worldwide Digital Transformation Investment Trends and Highlights in a COVID-19 World, August 2020.
- Forbes, Stats on digital transformation, 2019 and 2020.
2. Benefits of HPE ProLiant
As a famous brand of server, HPE ProLiant servers provide these benefits:
- HPE ProLiant series produced the first X86 standard server, the first rack server, and the first blade server. It has been the first in the global market for 80 consecutive quarters.
- With 30 years of technology accumulation, cumulative sales have exceeded 40 million units.
- Strict supplier component pre-audit testing and internal product testing.
- 3 million hours, 96 hours
- Accumulatively served more than 1 million customers
- The best management tool iLO & Oneview
- Custom BIOS, SmartRaid, Smart Carrier
3. Highlights of HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers
HPE server will promote the next wave of digital transformation, build an intelligent computing foundation for hybrid cloud, and provide new computing capabilities for modern digital enterprise transformation. HPE ProLiant Server will provide these advantages:
- Unparalleled workload optimization
- Comprehensive security protection
- Intelligent management automation
- Quality service provision
HPE Gen 10 Plus series include ProLiant DL110 Gen 10 Plus, ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Plus, ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 Plus, Apollo 2000 Gen 10 Plus, Apollo 6500 Gen 10 Plus, etc.
Features of DL110 plus, DL360 plus and DL380 plus:
|Series||ProLiant DL110 Gen 10 Plus||ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Plus||ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 Plus|
|Designed for||Telecom server suitable for open RAN||Rack optimized intensive solution||Accelerator optimization solution|
|Application||5G infrastructure, access
Baseband processing, fronthaul edge
Physical, virtual, containerized
|Software defined storage, AI/ML
Media streaming, structured data analysis, NFV
|Highlight||Optimized for telecom vRAN workloads
Thinner chassis (17 inches)
|Significantly improve NVMe SSD support
Rich storage backplane layout
Slotless HW RAID M.2, NS204i-r adapter card
|Significantly increase storage capacity
Broad coverage of drive rack/disk product portfolio
AROC/OCP channel recovery module
4.HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers are equipped with the latest Intel processors
HPE Gen 10 Plus series is equipped with Intel’s latest Xeon Scalable processor. Let’s take a look at the development history of Intel’s third-generation processors:
|2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable||3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable||2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable|
|1-8 Sockets||4-8 Sockets||1-8 Sockets|
Cedar island platform
Eagle Stream Platform
|Coming later this year:
|Next Gen DL Boost: AMX
Silicon Powered On
The performance of Intel’s new-generation Whitley platform will improve 4 features:
- 80 maximum dual-socket processor cores, strong computing performance, will increase performance by 50%.
- 128 dual PCIe 4.0 channels, I/O is efficiently improved, and the bandwidth of a single channel is doubled.
- 8 memory channels with a maximum of 3200MHz, memory bandwidth expansion, 1.6 times the bandwidth increase.
- 12TB maximum memory, large memory capacity, 2.66 times the capacity increase.
We believe that excellent Intel processors will bring excellent performance to HPE servers.
5.Both HPE DL380 Gen 10 Plus and DL360 Gen10 Plus perform better than the old series.
|Series||ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 Plus||ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Plus|
|CPU||Up to 2 Intel Ice Lake CPU
Support Up to 270W
|Memory||Up to 32 memories
One CPU supports up to 6TB
Support 16 and Optane persistent memory
|Hard Disk||Up to 36 SFF
Up to 20 LFF
Up to 32 NVME
|Up to 10 SFF, SATA/SAS/NVME
Up to 4LFF, SATA/SAS
|PCIe Slot||Up to 8||Up to 3|
As mentioned earlier, cash companies need low-latency, flexible and high-performance servers, and HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus series servers can meet them one by one. If the budget is sufficient, we recommend upgrading to the latest series immediately!
If you want to order HPE ProLiant Gen 10 servers, welcome to visit: