On which access routers and network modules are the Cisco VWIC2 cards supported?
The Cisco VWIC2 cards are instead of Cisco VWIC cards already.
It included VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1; VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1;VWIC2-1MFT-G703;VWIC2-2MFT-G703 cards can be inserted into the WIC or high-density WIC (HWIC) slots on the following routers:• Cisco 1721 Modular Access Router (data only)
• Cisco 1751-V or 1760 Modular Access Routers
• Cisco 1841 Integrated Services Router (data only)
• Cisco 3662 Telco Versatile DCN Access Platform (data only)
• Cisco 2600XM and 2691 Multiservice Router
• Cisco 3725 or 3745 Multiservice Access Routers
• Cisco 2801, 2811, 2821, or 2851 Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 3825 or 3845 Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 1905, 1921, 1941 and 1941W Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 2901, 2911, 2921, or 2951 Integrated Services Routers
• Cisco 3925, 3945, 3925E and 3945E Integrated Services Routers
PVDM3 is new model and replace the old type PVDM2. PVDM2 can supported 2800 and 3800 series platforms and PVDM3 can support 2900 and 3900 series platforms. So most people has two questions as follows:
Q: Do the PVDM2 modules work with the Cisco 2900 and 3900 Series platforms?
A: Yes. You can install PVDM2 modules on the motherboard PVDM slots using special adaptor cards (PVDM2- ADPTR). You can also insert an NM-HDV2 module with PVDM2 modules into the service-module slot of the Cisco 2900 and 3900 Series platforms using the network-to-server module adaptor card (SM-NM-ADPTR).
Q: Can I replace a PVDM2 with the PVDM3 in a Cisco 2800 and 3800 Series platforms?
A: No, the PVDM3 modules are only supported on the Cisco 2900 and 3900 Series platforms.