We talked about the Cisco IoT and Industrial Products a lot before, such as the latest industrial routers IR 809, IR829, IR819, etc. They are reliable for industrial and harsh environments. They also have different features. What are the Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 series? What can they do for you? Let’s take an overview.
As today’s most flexible and scalable industrial Ethernet switches, IE 4000 Series was developed specifically to withstand rugged industrial environments, including factory automation, energy and process control, intelligent transportation systems (ITS), oil and gas field sites, city surveillance programs, and mining.
With improved overall performance, greater bandwidth, a richer feature set, and enhanced hardware, the Cisco IE 4000 Series complements the current industrial Ethernet portfolio of related Cisco industrial switches, such as the Cisco IE 2000 and IE 3000.
The Cisco IE 4000 can easily be installed in your network. Through a user-friendly web device manager, the Cisco IE 4000 provides easy out-of-the-box configuration and simplified operational manageability to deliver advanced security, data, video, and voice services over industrial networks.
Cisco IE 4000 Series Switches-Solution Highlights and Capabilities
The Cisco IE 4000 Series Switches come loaded with powerful features and capabilities, including:
- Twelve models offering from 4 to 20 Gigabit Ethernet ports, Gigabit Ethernet Combo (copper and fiber) ports, multiple optical reach options(SFPs)
- FE and GE (10/100/1000 autosensing) down-links options
- In-line powering for up to 8 PoE/PoE+ devices
- Resiliency through multiple Gigabit Ethernet rings, REP (Resilient Ethernet Protocol), Flexlink, redundant power input, dying gasp
- True zero-touch replacement for middle-of-the-night or middle-of nowhere failure
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 support
- Simplified software upgrade path with universal image, pay-as-you go development
- Extensive, pervasive security based on open standards
IE 4000 Models & Cisco IE 4000 Series Models
|Product Number||Total Ports||GE Combo Uplinks (4G)1||Additional Combo Ports||RJ-45 Copper Ports (T)||SFP Fiber Ports (S)||PoE/PoE+ Ports (P, GP)||Default Software|
All models have 4GE combo uplinkports
All models ship with LAN Base image2
|IE-4000-4T4P4G-E||12||4 (FE)||4 (FE)|
|IE-4000-4S8P4G-E||16||4 (FE)||8 (FE)|
|IE-4000-4GC4GP4G-E||12||4 (GE)||4 (GE)|
|IE-4000-8GT8GP4G-E||20||8 (GE)||8 (GE)|
|IE-4000-4GS8GP4G-E||16||4 (GE)||8 (GE)|
- 1 Combo ports provide one copper and one fiber physical port and only one can be activated at a time.
- 2 Can be upgraded to IP Services at a fee. IP Services License Product Numbers are the following:
● IE4000-RTU= (Paper SW License for IE4000 Switches)
● L-IE4000-RTU= (Electronic SW License for IE4000 Switches)
All copper Gigabit Ethernet interfaces support speed negotiation to 10/100/1000 mbps and duplex negotiation. All copper Fast Ethernet interfaces support speed negotiation to 10/100 mbps and duplex negotiation.
Power Supplies for Cisco IE 4000 Series Switches
A Diagram to Help You Select a Cisco IE 4000 Model
Wanna read more about Cisco IE 4000 series? The detailed features, benefits, specifications, key software features, etc. you can read the full data sheet of Cisco Industrial Ethernet 4000 Series
More Related Ciso IoT Topics