The simple comparison shows you the main differences among popular Catalyst 2960-X, Aruba 2930F, Aruba 2920.
Competitive Comparison: Cat2960-X vs. Aruba 2930F vs. Aruba 2920
|Feature||Cisco Catalyst 2960-X LAN Base||Aruba 2930F||Aruba 2920|
|Forwarding capacity||108 Gbps||56Gbps –176Gbps||128-176 Gbps|
|Throughput||68.5–130.9 Mpps||41–112 Mpps||95.2-130.9 Mpps|
|1GbE/10GbE Uplinks||Fixed: 2 x 10GbE SFP+ or 4 x SFP||Fixed: 4 x 10GbE SFP+ or 4 x 1GbE SFP||Modular: up to 4 x 10GbE (SFP+ or 10GBASE-T)|
|PoE/PoE+||Fixed: power supply up to 740 W internal||Fixed: power supply up to 370 W internal||Modular: up to 740 internal; up to 1440W with EPS|
|Stacking||Up to 8 switches/stack with 40 Gbps per link for 80 Gbps per module||No||Up to 4 Switches/stack with 40
Gbps per link, up to 80 Gbps per
|Warranty||Enhanced Lifetime||Limited Lifetime||Limited Lifetime|
More Best-selling Cisco 2960-X Models: Choose the best switch for your needs from more than 20 models.
More Best-selling Aruba 2930F: The Aruba 2930F Switch Series is designed for customers creating digital workplaces that are optimized for mobile users with an integrated wired and wireless approach.
More Best-selling Aruba 2920: The Aruba 2920 Switch Series provides security, scalability, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office networks.
Comparison between 2930F and 2920 PoE+ Switches
|ARUBA 2930F-48G – PoE+ Switch (JL256A)||HP 2920-48G –PoE+ (J9729A)||ARUBA 2930F-24G– PoE+ Switch (J9729A)||HP 2920-24G–PoE+ Switch (J9726A)|
|Gig RJ-45 ports||48||44, 4 Dual personality||24||22, 4 Dual personality|
|10Gig Ports||4(SFP+)||4 using 2 port Modules||4(SFP+)||4 using 2 port modules|
|10Gig Modules||NA||2p SFP+ module 2p10GBaseT module||NA||2p SFP+ module 2p 10GBaseT module|
|Stacking ports||NA||2 port module (optional)||NA||2 port module (optional)|
|Console Port||RJ-45, USB micro-B||RJ-45, USB micro-B||RJ-45, USB micro-B||RJ-45, USB micro-B|
|Auxiliary USB Port||NA||Yes (front)||NA||Yes (front)|
|Out-of-Band Mgmt Port||NA||Yes||NA||Yes|
|Removable Power Supply||NA||Yes (Shipped with the switch)||NA||Yes (Shipped with the switch)|
|PoE/PoE+ Power||370W @ 100-127V
370W @ 200-240V
|Up to 1440W||370W @ 100-127V
370W @ 200-240V
|Up to 1440W|
- The 2920 provides for 2 optional 10Gig modules of either 2 port SFP+ module or 2 port 10GBase-T module. The 2930F provides for 4 optional 10Gig SFP+ or 1Gig SFP Ports.
- The 2920 provides for an optional 2 port high-performance stacking module. The 2930 does not supports stacking (VSF for front plane stacking will be added by end of 2016 or early 2017).
- The 2920 has front facing Auxiliary Port for transferring software images and switch configuration files. The 2930F does not have AUX port.
- The 2920 has a front facing Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) port for administration. The 2930F does not have an OOBM port.
- The 2920 has a removable Power Supply. The 2930F has a fixed Power Supply. In the unlikely event of a Power Supply failure, the Power Supply in the 2920 can be replaced on-site. Whereas, the entire 2930F switch would need to be replaced.