Just like other fixed ISRs, the new ISR 1000 Series comes in a variety of flavors with interface options to meet just about any need.
- The Cisco ISR 1000/1100 routers come in two models: an 8-LAN-port option and a 4-LAN-port option.
- There are multiple LAN, WLAN, WAN, and LTE combinations to choose from, depending on your branch needs.
- The 1000 Series can be used in ATMs, retail stores, and kiosks, as well as for various other purposes.
- The Cisco ISR 1000 Series routers are best suited for small and midsize businesses, enterprise branches, and as customer premises equipment in managed services environments.
Cisco ISR 1000 Series Routers-Highlights
- Cisco IOS XE Universal Image (IP Base/SEC/AX)
- High-performance multicore processors for high-speed WAN connections and multiple services
- Dual WAN ports for load balancing and/or business continuity
- 4G LTE wireless WAN (select models)
- Built-in managed switch (all models)
- Optional integrated power supply for distribution of PoE/PoE+
- Built-in IEEE 802.11ac Wave 2-compatible wireless access point (wireless models)
- Cisco Mobility Express for flexible deployment
Building out the Portfolio
The ISR 1000 Series fleshes out an already extensive portfolio of Enterprise Routing from Cisco. With Multi-CPU IOS-XE systems now from small branch through large aggregation plus cloud and virtual deployments, it’s a common architecture across the network. Add to this the new addition of vEdge appliances and Enterprise NFV and there’s support for exciting emerging architectures.
Cisco ISR 1000 Series-Platform Spec
Cisco IOS Technology Package Licenses
|SL-1100-4P-SEC||Cisco IOS SEC License for Cisco ISR 1111 (4-port Model)|
|SL-1100-8P-SEC||Cisco IOS SEC License for Cisco ISR 1111 (8-port Model)|
|SL-1100-4P-APP||Cisco IOS APP License for Cisco ISR 1111 (4-port Model)|
|SL-1100-8P-APP||Cisco IOS APP License for Cisco ISR 1111 (8-port Model)|
Cisco IOS Feature Licenses
|FL-VPERF-4P-100||Cisco IOS VPER License for Cisco ISR 1111 (4-port Model)|
|FL-VPERF-8P-200||Cisco IOS VPER License for Cisco ISR 1111 (8-port Model)|
|FL-1100-4P-HSEC||Cisco IOS HSEC License for Cisco ISR 1111 (4-port Model)|
|FL-1100-8P-HSEC||Cisco IOS HSEC License for Cisco ISR 1111 (8-port Model)|
Tips: Cisco IOS Software Licensing and Packaging
A single Cisco IOS XE universal image encompassing all functions is delivered with the platform. Advanced features can be enabled simply by activating a software license on the Universal image. The following licenses are available:
- IP Base: Available as the default.
- Security (SEC): Includes features for securing network infrastructure.
- Application Experience (APP): Includes data and application performance features.
- Performance (VPER): Provides additional IPsec performance 100 Mbps for ISR 1100-4P and 200 Mbps for ISR 1100-8P.
- High Performance Security (HSEC): Provides High IPsec maximum performance security.