The Cisco Aironet 2800 is one of the new Cisco Indoor 802.11ac Wave 2 APs. (Read more: All the Benefits of 802.11ac Wave 2). It has been announced with the Cisco Aironet 3800 series by Cisco at the beginning of this February.
- The new Cisco Aironet 2800 Series Access Points supports 802.11ac Wave 2 in Mission-Critical Networks.
- It brings 802.11ac Wave 2 functionality to mid- and large-sized enterprises, with many state-of-the-art, industry-leading features.
The Aironet 2800 Series offers:
- 802.11ac Wave 2 support with Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO): Provides better client device performance by delivering data to clients simultaneously.
- Flexible Radio Assignment: Optimizes your wireless network for high density conditions in real time.
- Dual 5-GHz Support: The Cisco Aironet 2800 access points offer two times the scale of 5-GHz mobile devices so you gain a significant increase in performance in high-density environments.
With Cisco High Density Experience (HDX) built in, the Cisco Aironet 2800 Series access point offers superior performance in networks with a large number of wireless clients. HDX is a collection of features that address the needs of high-density networks and uses. Customized chipsets with a best-in-class RF architecture provide a better user experience for enterprise networks designed for mission-critical, high-performance applications.
Smart Antenna Connector
A second physical antenna connection allows for advanced network design flexibility for in high-density deployments and large open area coverage.
- High-ceiling auditoriums
- Convention centers, arenas, and stadiums
Improved Client Performance
- Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) provides better end device efficiency through simultaneous data transfer between supporting clients and the access point.
- Turbo Performance, an HDX feature, scales accordingly to the amount of devices running high-bandwidth applications.
- Cisco CleanAir Technology, also an HDX feature, classifies and eliminates more than 20 different types of interference, including non-Wi-Fi interference within 5 to 30 seconds.
About the Part Numbers of Cisco Aironet 2800 Access Point
|Part numbers||Cisco Aironet 2800i Access Point: Indoor environments, with internal antennas
● AIR-AP2802I-x-K9: Dual-band, controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac
● AIR-AP2802I-xK910: Eco-pack (dual-band 802.11a/g/n/ac) 10 quantity access points
Cisco Aironet 2800e Access Point: Indoor, challenging environments, with external antennas
● AIR-AP2802E-x-K9: Dual-band controller-based 802.11a/g/n/ac
● AIR-AP2802E-xK910: Eco-pack (dual-band 802.11a/g/n/ac), 10 quantity access points
Regulatory domains: (x = regulatory domain)
Customers are responsible for verifying approval for use in their individual countries. To verify approval and to identify the regulatory domain that corresponds to a particular country, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/aironet/compliance.
Not all regulatory domains have been approved. As they are approved, the part numbers will be available on the Global Price List.
Cisco Wireless LAN Services
● AS-WLAN-CNSLT: Cisco Wireless LAN Network Planning and Design Service
● AS-WLAN-CNSLT: Cisco Wireless LAN 802.11n Migration Service
● AS-WLAN-CNSLT: Cisco Wireless LAN Performance and Security Assessment Service
More detailed information about the Cisco Aironet 2800 series, such as Product Specifications, features and benefits you can read here https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-2800-series-access-points/datasheet-c78-736497.html