The Naming Convention for the 1000 Series ISR Product IDs
The Cisco 1000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) are the latest addition to fixed ISR routing portfolio which combines WAN, comprehensive security, wired and wireless access in a single, high-performance platform.
The ISR 1000 Series does not replace the ISR800 Series. You can continue to order the 800 Series after the ISR 1000 Series becomes orderable.
The ISR 1000 Series offers the following features:
- Cisco IOS XE operating system
- LTE Advanced
- G.FAST and 35b
- 802.11ac Wave2 with Mobility Express
- Cisco SDWAN [Roadmap]
- Cisco Umbrella™ Branch, ETA (Encrypted Traffic Analytics)
- Greater crypto throughput
The ISR 1000 Series have two primary models, with 8 LAN ports (C1100-8P) and 4 LAN ports (C1100-4P). Both come with varied combinations of WAN interfaces, LTE, and Wi-Fi options.
What is the naming convention for the 1000 Series ISR product IDs?
“C” = Standard Product ID (PID) prefix
- Product Number
The second portion of Product ID after the hyphen identifies the number of LAN ports:
- “-4P” = 4 LAN ports
- “-8P” = 8 LAN ports
The last digit on the first portion of Product ID identifies the onboard GE and DSL WAN interfaces:
- “1111” = Two GE WAN interfaces
- “1112” = One GE WAN Interface and One DSL Interface with G.FAST/VDSL2 35b/VDSL2 /ADSL2+ Annex B & J over ISDN
- “1113” = One GE WAN Interface and One DSL Interface with G.FAST/VDSL2 35b/VDSL2/ADSL2 + Annex A or M over POTS
- “1116” = One GE WAN Interface and One DSL Interface with VDSL/ ADSL2+ Annex B & J over ISDN
- “1117” = One GE WAN Interface and One DSL with VDSL/ADSL2 + Annex A or M over POTS
- Product Capabilities
- “WE” = -E Wireless Domain
- “WB” = -B Wireless Domain
- “WA” = -A Wireless Domain
- “WZ” = -Z Wireless Domain
- “WN” = -N Wireless Domain
- “WQ” = -Q Wireless Domain
- “WH” = -H Wireless Domain
- “WR” = -R Wireless Domain
- “WF” = -F Wireless Domain
- “WD” = -D Wireless Domain
- “LTEEA” = LTE for US, Europe, Canada and Middle East
- “LTELA” = LTE for APJ and some providers in LATAM
1. Both the 4 LAN port and 8 LAN port 1000 SKUs come with 4 GB of RAM and 4 GB of flash storage by default.
2. Both DRAM and Flash on the 1000 Series ISR are not upgradable.
3. The ISR 1000 Series is fanless. And the 1000 Series ISRs support IOS-XE 16.6.1 onwards.
The 1000 Series ships with the IP Base license by default. One can then add the SEC and App licenses. Additionally, there are two performance licenses; HSEC and IP Sec performance. These are explained more in detail in the next section.
With the IP Base and SEC license, encrypted traffic is shaped at 50 Mbps. A performance license is needed only for encrypted traffic of over 50 Mbps. There are currently two types of performance license; HSEC and IPsec Performance. The HSEC will disable the shaper completely, whereas the IPsec Performance will only lift up the bar on the shaper to 250 Mbps for the 8 LAN port SKUs, and to 150 Mbps for the 4 LAN port SKUs.
All licenses are Right-to-Use except the HSEC. The HSEC is an enforced license.
The ISR 1000 Series supports Cisco ONE licenses. The Cisco ONE license will include the IP Base, App, SEC and Prime Infrastructure license.
The 1000 Series PoE and PoE+ are capable. The 8 LAN port SKUs support either 4 PoE ports or 2 PoE+ ports. The 4 LAN port SKUs support either 2 PoE ports or 1 PoE+ port. When PoE or PoE+ is ordered, the default 66W power supply is replaced with a higher wattage power supply.
The wireless and DSL modems have their own memory space and do not use the onboard 4GB RAM.
NOT all SKUs in the ISR 1000 Series offer two GE WAN ports. Only the SKUs without DSL offer two GE WAN ports. The SKUs with DSL come with only one GE WAN port.
The rack-mount kit for the ISR 1000 Series is ACS-1100-RM-19(=). The rack mount is 1 rack unit (RU) and includes space for the power supply to be placed within the bracket.
And the 1000 Series comes with a 66W power supply by default. The power supplies are external AC-to-DC power bricks and do not need a separate power cable.
Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interfaces can be used with the ISR 1000 Series? Please refer to following Table of supported SFPs.
Small Form-Factor Pluggable
ISR 1100 8P
ISR 1100 4P
|GLC-EX-SMD||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-EX SFP transceiver module, SMF, 1310nm, DOM.|
|GLC-LH-SM||Yes||Yes||GE SFP, LC connector LX/LH transceiver.|
|GLC-LH-SMD||Yes||Yes||GE SFP, LC connector LX/LH transceiver; with DOM.|
|GLC-SX-MM||Yes||Yes||GE SFP, LC connector SX transceiver.|
|GLC-SX-MMD||Yes||Yes||GE SFP, LC connector SX transceiver; with DOM.|
|GLC-ZX-SMD||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-ZX SFP; with DOM.|
|GLC-FE-100FX||Yes||Yes||100BASE-FX SFP for FE port.|
|GLC-FE-100LX||Yes||Yes||100BASE-LX SFP for FE port.|
|GLC-FE-100ZX||Yes||Yes||100BASE-ZX SFP (80km).|
|GLC-FE-100EX||Yes||Yes||100BASE-EX SFP (40km).|
|GLC-GE-100FX||Yes||Yes||100FX SFP on GE ports.|
|GLC-BX80-D-I||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-BX80 SFP, 1570NM.|
|GLC-BX80-U-I||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-BX80 SFP, 1490NM.|
|GLC-BX40-D-I||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-BX40 SFP, 1550NM.|
|GLC-BX40-U-I||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-BX40 SFP, 1310NM.|
|GLC-BX-D||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-BX SFP, 1490NM.|
|GLC-BX-U||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-BX SFP, 1310NM.|
|SFP-GE-S||Yes||Yes||1000BASE-SX SFP transceiver module for MMF, 850-nm wavelength, extended operating temperature range and DOM support, dual LC/PC connector.|
|SFP-GE-T||Yes||Yes||10/100/1000BASE-T SFP (NEBS 3 ESD).|
Get the Best Prices on supported SFPs on the ISR 1000 Series
A micro USB and an RJ-45 console port are available. Either one can be used for the console connection.
More features of ISR 1000 such as software features, security features, 3G, 4G, and LTE features, Wireless LAN, DSL features and Management you can refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/q-and-a-c67-739639.pdf