In the wake of the global shift towards remote and hybrid work, it has become increasingly evident that this trend is here to stay. In Fortinet‘s Work-from-Anywhere Global Study, 60% of respondents expressed their intention to continue accommodating employees working from home, with 55% adopting a hybrid work strategy. However, the security landscape has been evolving alongside this shift, with threat actors exploiting security gaps arising from remote work. The FortiGuard Labs 1H 2023 Threat Landscape Report indicates a notable increase in the frequency and complexity of ransomware attacks, coupled with more sophisticated and targeted breach attempts.
In this context, robust security solutions that integrate seamlessly across all locations, whether on-premises or in the cloud, are critical. This is where a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) or Zero Trust Edge (ZTE) architecture comes into play. These architectures converge networking and security to ensure the protection of users, regardless of their location.
SASE: Securing the Hybrid Workforce
Fortinet‘s Single-Vendor SASE solution, powered by AI-driven security and cloud-delivered networking, offers a unified approach to managing security. With a single console, organizations can consistently apply enterprise-grade security across all network edges, safeguarding users whether they are on or off the network, including those at branch locations.
Fortinet’s commitment to securing hybrid workers has been recognized through its inclusion in two prominent analyst reports:
1. Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Single-Vendor SASE: In this inaugural report, Fortinet was named a Challenger, one of only eight vendors included. Fortinet’s recognition is attributed to its high Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision.
2. Forrester Wave: Zero Trust Edge Solutions, Q3 2023: Fortinet achieved the status of Leader in this Forrester report. It evaluated ZTE solutions using 32 criteria, with Fortinet earning the highest score in the ZTE strategy category. The FortiSASE platform was especially praised for its capabilities, with Forrester noting that “Fortinet balances security and networking with eye-popping value.”
Understanding Fortinet Single-Vendor SASE
Fortinet Single-Vendor SASE uniquely combines all the elements required to converge networking and security for pervasive zero trust. It encompasses a comprehensive set of networking and security capabilities, including:
- Secure Web Gateway
- Universal Zero-Trust Network Access (ZTNA)
- Next-Generation Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
- Secure SD-WAN
Powered by FortiOS, FortiGuard AI-Powered Security Services, unified management, and a unified agent, this solution optimizes operational efficiency and ensures consistent security across the entire network.
Key Benefits of Fortinet Single-Vendor SASE
- Enhanced User Experience: FortiSASE delivers a converged SD-WAN and cloud-delivered security solution managed through FortiManager. A unified agent, FortiClient, reduces the security vendor footprint. FortiClient provides features like endpoint protection, vulnerability tracking, ZTNA, CASB, SWG, and VPN, streamlining agent deployment.
- Simplified Licensing: FortiSASE offers straightforward user-based licensing without tiered feature pricing, providing cost predictability. It leverages FortiGuard’s AI and machine learning capabilities, giving it an edge over solutions relying on external partnerships.
- Consistent Security Everywhere: Whether users are on-premises, at branch locations, or remote, FortiSASE ensures uniform security. It offers flexibility for micro-branches in need of LAN/WLAN security.
With Fortinet actively enhancing its Single-Vendor SASE solution, users can expect further improvements and features in the future.
In conclusion, Fortinet‘s Single-Vendor SASE solution offers a powerful and comprehensive approach to securing the evolving landscape of remote and hybrid work. Its recognition by leading analyst reports underscores its effectiveness in delivering both security and networking capabilities with exceptional value. To explore how Fortinet can fortify your network security in the age of hybrid work, visit Router-switch.com.