Cisco ONE Software suites provide a cost-effective and flexible way for you to acquire software for your data center, WAN, switching, and wireless needs.
The suites deliver the capabilities needed to address essential customer use cases:
- Connect branch and campus environments with scalable wired and wireless access
- Create a highly secure data center network that works with public, private, and hybrid clouds
- Deliver voice and video collaboration throughout your network
The suites make it easier and simpler to buy, manage, and upgrade the infrastructure software that enables these use cases.
- When you buy: Instead of choosing from hundreds of separately priced software features, you purchase a single Cisco ONE Software product. Instead of a single perpetual license tied to the lifetime of your hardware, you get flexibility with a choice of licensing options.
- When you use: Your Cisco ONE Software investment can grow in value through ongoing innovations, updates, and upgrades. And soon with Cisco ONE Software, you’ll have the freedom to deploy your licenses on both physical and virtual machines.
- When you refresh: You benefit from lower costs and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). Cisco ONE Software licenses are not tied to specific hardware, so they are portable to the next generation of applicable devices.
Cisco ONE Software suites: Subscription model
Cisco ONE Software suites: Perpetual model
Cisco ONE subscription model
The latest innovations in Cisco® Digital Network Architecture (Cisco DNA) include new software capabilities that deliver greater intelligence and security through Cisco ONE and Cisco DNA subscription licensing for switching and wireless software. These solutions are built on an architectural approach that delivers end-to-end visibility, automation, and insights for an entirely new era of intent-based networking (Figure: Cisco ONE Software suites: Subscription model).
- Switching subscription: Scale your network for business expansion; segment your network for security, compliance, and complex processes; and centralize network access policy management for secure access.
- Wireless subscription: Get exceptional wireless performance for high-density environments; personalize services through location-based solutions; and secure your network by protecting devices, data, and your business with strong, network-based security.
Cisco ONE perpetual model
Cisco ONE for Access (switching and wireless), WAN, and Data Center are available through the perpetual model. The software is organized by domain (access, WAN, and data center) and product type: Foundation for base functions and Advanced for more complex customer use cases (Figure: Cisco ONE Software suites: Perpetual model).
Benefits for your organization With Cisco ONE Software, your organization gains:
- The software necessary to enable key business solutions at an attractive price
- New capabilities through major-release upgrades and minor updates to help ensure that your software operates smoothly and is always up-to-date
- Investment protection with services-enabled software license portability across hardware refresh cycles
- Flexibility of license migration from physical devices to virtual machines
- Better budget control with flexible subscriptions and perpetual buying options
- Faster access to new Cisco software features and products
PDF Download: Cisco ONE Software