There are many brands of Access Point in the market, such as Cisco AP, Huawei AP, Aruba AP, Ruckus AP, and so on. When you want to order one AP or purchase some for your company, which brand do you choose?
Actually, each brand of AP has its own features. As both of Ruckus and Aruba focus on wireless products, in this post, I will compare the Ruckus AP and Aruba AP. Hope it helps!
Aruba Networks, formerly known as Aruba Wireless Networks, is a Santa Clara, California-based wireless networking subsidiary of Hewlett Packard Enterprise company.
Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company (formerly known as Ruckus Wireless), is a company selling wired and wireless networking equipment and software.
Both of Aruba AP and Ruckus AP provide good quality products. The main difference between them is that they focus different things, which make their solution different.
Aruba focuses the security of wireless network.
Aruba focuses the security of wireless network. This makes its solutions include security functions, including firewall, VPN, Unlimited intrusion prevention, etc.
However, there will some problems if choose Aruba AP:
- All the extend modules must be ordered separately. If customers want the whole functions, they need to pay more.
- These additional functions make Aruba AP depend on its controller. It’s why almost all AP manufacturers use the Local forwarding mechanism but Aruba still use Centralized forwarding mechanism, in the 802.11n generation.
Therefore, the wireless controller can easily become a bottleneck. You can think about it briefly. The functions that would have been completed by professional wired equipment are put on the wireless controller. Its performance will definitely not be enough, not to mention many functions. By analogy, how many users will enable all the functional modules in UTM? What is the difference between wired and wireless? At the same time, although Aurba advertises a local forwarding mechanism, some functions should be missing.
- All these features make Aruba solution complicated and not high performance. Security and Easy-to-Use always can’t stay together.
Ruckus focuses on users’ experience
Compared to Aruba, Ruckus focuses on users’ experience, such as whether it is seamlessly covered; whether the user connection and rate are stable; how to ensure the stable operation of the network system in the interference environment; how to ensure the user experience when high-density users are concurrent; currently the most used WiFi smart terminal usage habits; the most intuitive multimedia applications; etc.
So the Ruckus AP provides these benefits:
- Patented Beamflex technology can expand coverage and reduce costs.
- The patented best path algorithm technology can automatically avoid interference and ensure the user’s connection rate.
- The high-quality hardware and software design makes the solution of highly concurrent user environment a major feature of Ruckus. Many venues, airports, stations, scenic spots, shopping malls, etc. are well supported by the Ruckus solution.
- Due to the difference in usage habits of the smart terminal, the polarization direction of the antenna will be different, so the same location and the connection quality are very different. Ruckus uses a dual-polarized antenna to solve this problem. And smart terminals, such as mobile phones, Pad, etc. are precisely the main force of wireless Internet access.
- Smartcast patented technology guarantees the application of multimedia. Ruckus’ ability to transmit IPTV has been widely recognized in the industry.
- Although the security of Ruckus is not as extreme as Aruba, it is not weak, and there are DPSK patent technology and BYOD technology that balance the complexity of operation and security.
Which one do you choose? According to your need, I believe you have answers now.
By the way, if you want order Wireless AP, Router-switch.com provides you various brands and good price, check now!