Recently, Gartner announced the global server market report for the third quarter of 2019. Data show that the global server market sales this quarter fell 5.6% year-on-year to 18.34 billion US dollars; shipments fell 6.0% year-on-year to 2.992 million units.
The pattern of the world’s first server camp is further consolidated. Data show that the top three Dell, HPE and Inspur shipments accounted for more than 10%, and the shipment share was 16.8%, 12.4% and 11.7%, respectively. Among them, Inspur achieved double-digit sales growth of 12.1%. In the Chinese market, Inspur has a market share of 38.7%, ranking first.
Now you may ask, what is the Inspur server?
In the market of servers, there are famous global brands, such as Dell, HPE, Huawei, but the Inspur may be understated. However, now it’s the No.3 brands of producing servers in the world!
In this blog, let’s learn the details of Inspur servers.
Inspur group is China’s leading cloud computing, big data service provider. It is the 3rd largest server provider in the world and No.1 in China. The main products of Inspur are servers, workstations, routers, firewalls, etc.
As the 3rd largest server provider in the world, Inspur provide various servers for different needs, including rack servers, blade systems, rack-scale systems, mission critical systems and others.
This image is from the Inspur official website, showing the products series of Inspur servers.
For different users, Inspur provides different series. This image shows the applications of Inspur servers.
Inspur provides some star models, let’s know them.
- Inspur NF5180M5 Server
Inspur NF5180M5 server is a 1U two-socket rack mount server designed by Inspur to tackle the demands of the Internet, IDC (Internet Data Center), cloud computing, enterprise market and telecommunication business applications with extremely high computational density, strong scalable architecture, extended availability and industry leading intelligent management strategy.
The highlights of NF5180M5:
- Ultra-high performance density: up to 56 cores, up to 3T memory capacity.
10 NVMe solid state drives can provide ten times the IOPS performance of high-end enterprise-class SATA SSDs.
- Extreme expansion capability: Up to 12 2.5” hard disks or 4 3.5” +4 2.5” hard disks can be configured for high-density extreme expansion.
OCP / PHY network cards switch freely, making the network structure more flexible. Abundant PCIe extensions further improve I / O performance.
- Intelligent open management: can accurately monitor and control system power consumption in real time, comprehensively through Node manager 4.0 technology energy consumption control.
- Inspur NF5280M5 Server
Inspur NF5280M5 rack server provides the extreme performance with highly scalable architecture, flexible configuration and intelligent management across the widest range of scenarios.
The highlights of NF5280M5:
- Extreme performance experience: The new platform provides powerful computing capabilities, supports all-flash configurations, and eliminates storage bottlenecks.
- Flexible configuration options: Full modular design, storage, I / O, and heterogeneous modules can be matched on demand, providing more than 30 application configurations.
- Intelligent open management: monitoring the operating status of the machine at all times, intelligently isolate and repair faults, and adopt open management protocols, optimized for large data center management.
- Inspur NF5288M5 Server
This server is immensely important for AI training and HPC applications where it can provide 200 times higher performance than the traditional dual-CPU servers.
The highlights of NF5288M5:
- Strongest performance, extreme design: AGX-2 supports 8 pieces of NVIDIA® with NVLink2.0 high-speed interconnection in 2U space Tesla® V100 GPU accelerator card. A single machine can provide double precision computing power of 60TFlops and 960TFlops Tensor computing performance.
- Highest flexibility, application adaptation: AGX-2 can provide 4 kinds of GPU topologies, and can flexibly configure 1-4 chips in the industry with the highest speed 100Gbps EDR HCA card, different deep learning applications can use the matching GPU topology, the two complement each other, unlimited potential.
- Highest bandwidth, lowest latency: Any two of the 8 GPUs of AGX-2 can realize P2P communication, through the world’s most advanced GPU. The interconnect technology NVlink 2.0 supports P2P bandwidth up to 50GB / s. And can be scaled up to 16 GPUs through ScaleUp.
- Lowest power consumption, water-cooled heat dissipation: Supports water-cooled heat dissipation, which can significantly reduce the data center PUE and reduce the cost of electricity.
- Inspur i24 Server
Inspur introduced computing dense i24 a high-end 2U4N rack-mounted server optimized for brand-new high-density data centers and applications.
The highlights of i24:
- Leading density: supports two dual-way compute nodes and 24 2.5-inch hard drives in a 2U space.
- Green and efficient: full modular design, unified heat dissipation and unified power supply.
If you are interested in Inspur, please visit its official website to learn more.
Dell R740 Servers vs. Servers of HPE, Lenovo, Huawei, Inspur and Others
Workstations vs. Servers vs. PC